Built for the ultimate residential zero-turn mowing experience, the Z545R stands for premium power and performance. The 122cm (48in) deck has a high capacity design for handling larger volumes of grass more efficiently and is powered by a 15.3 kW twin-cylinder engine with electric fuel injection (EFI) and electronic throttle control technology for convenience and efficient mowing. The deck can be easily converted to mulching or collecting with the addition of optional kits. Built solidly on a robust frame that ensures smooth and comfortable operation, the Z545R also boasts a high back comfort seat, an isolated operator platform with lots of legroom, and plenty of on-board storage space
Design includes a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame
ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits:
- Smoother ride
- Better slope performance
- More operator comfort over uneven ground
- Better traction
The operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use:
- Easy to get on and off the mower
- Ample legroom for comfortable operation
- Adjustable motion-control levers for height and position, enabling the operator to stay comfortable while using them
- Color-coded and logically-placed controls
Engine is smooth and powerful V-twin design
A 16.1 kW at 3350 rpm, V-twin engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- 726-cc displacement power provides excellent performance.
- V-twin air-cooled design provides smooth, quiet power.
- Quality features include cast-iron cylinder liners, overhead valves, full-pressure lubrication, replaceable oil filter, and dual-stage air cleaner.
- Solenoid-shift starter ensures easy starts, even in cold weather.
- V-twin design provides excellent power and performance, easy starts, and smooth operation.
- Rear engine guard protects the engine and helps provide additional strength and integrity.
- A high-capacity, 340-cold-cranking-amp battery ensures dependable starts.
- Separate engine speed and choke controls give fast starts and smooth warmups.
A no-tools oil drain valve provides easy access for oil changes.
A flywheel alternator provides plenty of capacity to quickly recharge the battery and power electrical equipment, such as lights or a sprayer:
- 15-amp capacity
- Regulated to keep the battery at full charge without the risk of overcharging
Operator station is designed for comfort and convenience
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and convenience in operating all controls:
- Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
- Controls are color coded for easy identification.
- Twin-lever motion-control levers adjust, using cut-height pin/socket, for convenience and operator comfort.
- Shock absorbers dampen control movements to give smooth operation.
Comfortable seats with two suspension springs and no-tools, fore-aft adjustment, that can be used by the operator while seated:
- Z525E – Medium-back, 38.1-cm (15-in.) seat with adjustable armrests; fore-aft adjustment of 7.6 cm (3 in.)
- Z540R – High-back, 50.8-cm (20-in.) seat with adjustable armrests; fore-aft adjustment of 11.4 cm (4.5 in.)
Two steel springs under the seat absorb shocks when traveling over rougher areas, to provide a smoother ride.
CUP HOLDER AND STORAGE COMPARTMENT
Cup holder and storage compartment add convenience for the operator.
FLIP-UP FOOT PLATFORM
The commercial-style steel footrest flips up to provide easy access for servicing the mower deck:
- Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
- Provides convenient access to the mower drive
Instruments and controls are convenient and easy to use
The motion-control levers can be adjusted to three different height settings and fifteen different fore-aft settings:
- Increased operator comfort
- Adjustable for most precise control of the machine
- 18 positions available
A standard shock absorber for the motion-control levers makes maneuvering ZTrak™ Mowers easy and comfortable:
- Shock absorber modulates the movement of control levers for smoother operation.
- Operator can smoothly and precisely control the machine.
Making the tracking adjustment from the operator seat is quick and easy. The cut-height pin doubles as a convenient tool for adjusting the motion-control levers:
- The socket included on the cut-height pin is available for the operator to use when making a tracking adjustment.
The operator control panel is conveniently located and easy to use.
The following instruments and controls are included:
- Hour meter
- Ignition switch
- Power take-off (PTO) control
- Engine speed control
- Engine choke control
The park brake is conveniently located:
- Large lever is easy to use.
- Park brake effectively holds the machine in the parked position.
- Park brake must be engaged (in the upper position) to start the engine.
- Once the engine is started, the park brake must be disengaged before operating the motion-control levers.
MOWER DECK LIFT/CUT-HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT
The Z540R includes a foot-lift pedal along with the hand-lift lever to make raising the mower deck easier. The foot-lift pedal also provides a convenient way to temporarily raise the mower deck over an obstruction while mowing:
- Mower deck cutting height adjusts from 25 mm to 102 mm (1 in. to 4 in.) in 6.35-mm (0.25-in.) increments for excellent cut quality and performance.
- Built-in memory allows the operator to easily return to the desired cutting height after raising the deck.
- Foot pedal provides easy lifting of the deck.
Serviceability is designed-in for convenience
The footrest area is hinged and easily raised for service to mower deck:
- It is necessary to remove just one bolt that can be conveniently removed with the lift-height pin
- Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
- Provides convenient access to the mower
The engines are easy to service, including changing the oil and the oil filter and servicing the air filter.
Accel Deep mower decks have several features that make them easy to service:
- Flat-top design minimizes places for debris to collect.
Spring-loaded, flip-up belt guards make removing debris easy.
All mower decks have provision for a standard, 9.5-mm (3/8-in.) ratchet wrench to be used for releasing belt tension when removing the drive belt.
The Power Flow blower used on 122-cm (48-in.) mower decks is mounted on a sturdy swing arm that allows easy installation and cleanout.
Tie-down locations are provided for convenience and safety when trailering the machine.
The Edge™ Cutting System High-Capacity 122-cm (48-in.) Mower Deck handles larger volumes of grass
The 122-cm (48-in.) High-Capacity Mower Deck has a deep-deck design to handle higher volumes of grass. It is stamped from heavy-gauge steel and has additional durability features to stand up to challenging mowing conditions.
The 122-cm (48-in.) High-Capacity Deck is stamped from heavy, 3.8-mm (0.150-in.) 9-gauge steel to minimize the number of welds and provide a smooth underside for reduced material buildup:
- Deep-deck design of 14 cm (5.5 in.) delivers excellent airflow, so material can be processed quickly and efficiently.
- Wider and higher discharge opening provides even clipping dispersal for an excellent finished appearance in all conditions.
- Durable plastic deflector spreads grass clippings evenly across the lawn, is hinged, and can be raised to minimize the storage space required.
- 2.54-cm (1-in.) cold-forged spindles are heat-treated for strength and are supported by ball bearings.
- Front edge is raised above the blade plane to allow even cutting of tall grass.
- Blade overlap is 40 mm (1.6 in.), nearly 20 mm (0.8 in.) greater than many conventional decks, for a clean cut.
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy:
- A hose connector can be purchased locally for connecting to the wash port.
An optional mulching attachment is available:
- This design requires no drilling for initial mounting, less installation time, and reduced hardware-count that allows for easy removal of the mulch components.
- This is a high-performance mulching attachment that includes formed steel baffles to control the material and special mulching blades for superior performance.
- The special mulching blades that are included can also be used for side discharging or with a material collection system, though the overall cut quality may decline slightly.
An optional rear bagger is available:
- Mower is designed to fill the 230-L (6.5-bu) rear hopper using the Power Flow blower.
- Standard or mulch blades may be used with the Power Flow collection system.
The Power Flow blower is mounted on a sturdy swing arm that allows easy installation and cleanout.