The Z335E is our entry-level zero-turn model in the 107 cm (42“) cutting width category. Powerful for its compact dimensions, the Z335E features our 12.3 kW V-twin cylinder OHV engine known for its reliably consistent performance. The intuitive motion control levers guarantee ease of use, and a 107cm (42in) mower deck delivers high performance that allows you to easily convert to mulching or collecting with the addition of optional kits. The Z335E is great if you have garden areas that feature obstacles and if you’re looking for excellent overall speed and efficiency
A 12.3 kW (16.5 hp) at 3050 rpm, V-twin engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Cast-iron sleeves for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for keeping the oil cleaner for a long engine life and extending the time between oil changes; the full-pressure lubrication is also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
Easy access to the no-tools oil drain valve for oil changes
Rear engine guard for protecting the engine and providing additional strength and integrity
Replaceable fuel filter and oil filter are easy to access and change to minimize service time and cost.
John Deere recommends the use of fuel stabilizer in gasoline.
The 107-cm (42-in.) Accel Deep Mower Deck is a stamped-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and dispersion of clippings is provided, even at faster mowing speeds:
- 11.4-cm (4.5-in.) deep throughout the entire deck shell for optimum mowing
- Stamped-steel design eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up and diminish mowing performance
- Mower deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and level cut
- Adjustable mower wheels, positioned just above ground level, help smooth out the mowing job
EXCELLENT CUT QUALITY
Deep mower-deck stamping gives excellent cut quality. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck without getting recut:
- Reducing the amount of re-cutting enables more power to be used to cut incoming grass, which greatly improves mower capacity.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at faster mowing speeds
- Clean flow of material out of discharge area prevents cut material from interfering with cutting the incoming grass, making it possible for the blades to cut incoming material cleanly.
PRODUCTIVITY - GETS THE JOB DONE FAST
Deep mower-deck stamping gives high productivity, which gets the job done fast. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck quickly, reducing the amount of re-cutting so more power is available to process incoming grass:
- Greatly improves mowers capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance in difficult mowing conditions and at higher speeds
Large discharge opening is both high and wide to handle more material:
- Gives a smooth, even discharge of clippings at all mowing speeds
- Reduces the chance of plugging, especially important when operating in wet, thick, or dense grass and when bagging
- Cut-and-throw chute has a large, optimized inlet which aids in collecting material by using airflow from the large deck opening
CLEANLINESS - FOR THE MOWER AND THE OPERATOR
The flat-top shape of the deck stamping is optimal for keeping itself and the operator clean:
- There are few places to catch and hold material on top and underneath the deck.
- Top of deck stays cleaner, reducing time and effort needed for cleaning and service
- Underside of deck is self-cleaning to maintain optimum performance without build-up of material to interfere with the flow of air and clippings
- Less need to clean and remove build-up of material from underside deck
- The depth of the Accel Deep Mower Deck minimizes the amount of material that escapes from the front of the deck
- Limited amount of material to drift onto the operator and mower deck
- Even flow of material discharged out the chute, less re-cutting results in larger pieces that are less likely to end up on the operator
Cleaning a mower deck, both top and bottom, is one of the most frequent maintenance activities:
- The flat-top design reduces places for material to build up and makes material that does collect easy to remove.
SUPERIOR DURABILITY IS DESIGNED IN
The 42A Mower Deck has strong spindle pockets, to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough service:
- Ribs in the deck shell add strength where it is needed.
- The 42A has a 16 percent heavier overall weight than the Edge™ Xtra 107-cm (42-in.) Mower Deck.
Mower wheels are double-captured:
- Provides greater strength and durability for longer, trouble-free life.
- Single-bolt adjustment makes setting wheels to the correct height for the cutting height quick and easy.
Low-tension belt-drive design reduces the side load on the engines lower bearing and mower deck bearings for longer life.
Rolled outer edge of the deck provides extra strength and protection.
Dual-stage E-coat and powder-paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy.
- A hose-end adapter for the appropriate water hose to be used can be purchased locally for connection to the wash port.
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and convenience when operating all controls:
- Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
- Controls are color coded for easy identification.
- Low fuel warning light is easily visible in daylight.
- Twin-lever controls adjust, using cut-height pin/socket, for convenience and operator comfort.
- A shock absorber dampens motion control lever movement to give smooth operation.
The comfortable seat provides good support for the operator:
- Z335E – 38-cm (15-in.) seat back height
- Z345M – 45.7-cm (18-in.) seat back height
Two steel coil suspension springs under the seat absorb shocks when traveling over rougher areas to provide a smoother ride.
The seat fore-aft adjustment is easy to make with the seat tilted up. The cut-height pin/socket can be used to loosen the bolts and make seat adjustments.
CUP HOLDER AND STORAGE COMPARTMENTS
The cup holder is designed to hold two common cup sizes securely.
Covered storage under the seat and open storage along the left side of the vehicle provide safe and secure places for the operator to keep safety equipment, a cell phone, etc.
OPERATOR FOOT PLATFORM
Large foot platform helps the operator remain comfortable and secure:
- Volcano grips give a secure grip.
- Raised footrests at the front of the platform provide a comfortable area for the operator's feet.
The footrest area is hinged and easily raised for service to mower deck:
- It is necessary to remove just one bolt that can be conveniently removed with the lift-height pin
- Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
- Provides convenient access to the mower
The engines are easy to service, including changing the oil and the oil filter and servicing the air filter.
Accel Deep mower decks have several features that make them easy to service:
- Flat-top design minimizes places for debris to collect.
Spring-loaded, flip-up belt guards make removing debris easy.
All mower decks have provision for a standard, 9.5-mm (3/8-in.) ratchet wrench to be used for releasing belt tension when removing the drive belt.
The Power Flow blower used on 122-cm (48-in.) mower decks is mounted on a sturdy swing arm that allows easy installation and cleanout.
Tie-down locations are provided for convenience and safety when trailering the machine.
The motion-control levers can be adjusted to two different height settings and eighteen different fore-aft settings:
- Increased operator comfort
- Adjustable for more precise control of the machine
A standard shock absorber for the motion-control levers makes maneuvering ZTrak™ Mowers easy and comfortable:
- Shock absorber modulates the movement of control levers for smoother operation.
- Operator can smoothly and precisely control the machine.
Making the tracking adjustment from the operator seat is quick and easy. The cut-height pin doubles as a convenient tool for adjusting the motion-control levers.
The operator control panel is conveniently located and easy to use. The following instruments and controls are included:
- Low fuel warning light
- Ignition switch
- Power take-off (PTO) control
- Engine speed/choke control
- A choke position is built into the engine speed control.
The park brake is conveniently located:
- Large lever is easy to use.
- Lever is color-coded for easy identification.
- Park brake effectively holds the machine in the parked position.
- Park brake must be engaged (in the upper position) to start the engine.
- Once the engine is started, the park brake must be disengaged before operating the motion-control levers.
MOWER DECK LIFT/CUT-HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT
- Mower deck cutting height adjusts from 2.5 cm (1 in.) to 10.2 cm (4 in.) in 0.64-cm (0.25-in.) increments for excellent cut quality and performance.
- Mower-deck adjustment has built-in memory so the operator can easily return to the desired cutting height after raising the deck.
STEERING IS EASY WITH LARGE DIAMETER FRONT CASTER WHEELS
Motion-control levers are designed for comfortable and easy operation.
A shock absorber is included to dampen the movement of the control levers so any operator can make smooth, controlled turns.
Pneumatic caster wheels give a smoother ride and easier steering:
- Large diameter front caster wheels provide extra ride comfort and better steering control.
- Caster wheels have sealed bearings for long life and easy steering.
- Tyres are sized for the size and weight of the vehicle.
Caster wheel tire size
|Z345M, Z345R|| |
|Z525E, Z535M|| |
CONTROLS ARE DESIGNED TO PROMOTE SAFE OPERATION
- Park brake must be engaged for the engine to crank.
- Motion-control levers must be in the outward position for the engine to crank.
- Park brake must be disengaged before operating the motion-control levers or the engine will stall.
- Seat interlock switch disengages the mower when the operator leaves the seat.
- Engine will stall if the operator leaves the seat without the motion-control levers in the outward position and the park brake set.
ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits:
- Smoother ride
- Better slope performance
- More operator comfort over uneven ground
- Better traction
The operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use:
- Easy to get on and off the mower
- Ample legroom for comfortable operation
- Adjustable motion-control levers for height and position, enabling the operator to stay comfortable while using them
- Color-coded and logically-placed controls
STYLING IS BOTH FUNCTIONAL AND ATTRACTIVE
The styling of ZTrak Mowers is functional and attractive to appeal to residential owners who value product appearance and the easy, comfortable operation that comes with thoughtful control designs:
- Color-coded controls are not only attractive, but easy for the operator to find and use.
- Large foot platform, surrounded by frame rails, has a safe and inviting appearance and provides easy access for the operator.
- Contoured shape of the fenders provides improved visibility to the drive tyres, minimizes storage space required, and adds to the stylish appearance of the vehicle.
HEAVY-DUTY WELDED STEEL FRAME FOR RELIABILITY AND LONG LIFE
The ZTrak™ Mower frame includes 2.5- x 3.8-cm (1- x 1.5-in.) steel tubing for long-term durability:
- Heavy-duty frame tubing provides a solid support.
- Reinforced frame offers additional strength where needed.
A heavy-duty electric PTO clutch is controlled by a convenient, dash-mounted control.
HEAVY-DUTY PTO CLUTCH
The PTO clutch is designed to operate through many on/off cycles.
Dual transmissions efficiently power the ZTrak™ Mower forward and reverse and give steering capability:
- Transmissions are set low in the vehicle for excellent hillside stability.
Hydro-Gear® transmissions are reliable and durable.
- Beefed-up, 2.5-cm (1-in.) axles for greater strength
- Maintenance-free unitized transmissions are sealed and have no hose connections to leak hydraulic fluid.
Four-bolt hubs provide a reliable and convenient wheel-mounting system.
Tow-valve controls are provided for each transmission and located above the vehicle frame on either side of the engine:
- Easy to reach and use
- Allow the vehicle to be moved without the engine running
Hydro-Gear is a registered trademark of Hydro-Gear, a joint venture of Sauer-Danfoss and Agri-Fab. Sauer-Danfoss is a registered trademark of Sauer-Danfoss Incorporated. Agri-Fab is a registered trademark of Agri-Fab Incorporated.
The fuel tank holds 8 L (2.1 U.S. gal.) of fuel. It is located low on the left side of the machine:
- Fuel-fill opening is located low and angled for easy refueling.
- Large, 5.1-cm (2-in.) fuel-fill opening reduces the chance of spilling when adding fuel.
- Cap is tethered to the fuel tank.
- Less chance of fuel cap getting lost
The low fuel warning light is clearly visible in daylight.