Built solidly on a robust frame, the Z515E compels with its smooth and comfortable operation. With a powerful 13.4 kW twin-cylinder engine, the 122 cm (48in) mower deck delivers excellent performance and can be easily converted to mulching or collecting with the addition of optional kits. For larger areas where speed and efficiency will make your life easier, the Z515E is a perfect choice
A 13.4 kW (18.0 hp) at 3350 rpm, V-twin engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions. The engine features extended-life series V-twin technology:
- V-twin cylinder design gives greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality when compared to a single-cylinder engine.
- Advanced debris-management system with premium, cartridge-style air cleaner and foam pre-cleaner protects the engine from ingesting debris.
- Full-pressure lubrication with spin-on oil filter keeps the oil cleaner for long engine life and extended time between oil changes. Full-pressure lubrication is also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline.
- Overhead valves give long life and excellent power and fuel economy.
- High-volume cooling fan maintains a desirable engine temperature.
- Extended-life fuel filter keeps the engine running smooth between services.
- Electronic ignition and mechanical compression release help give fast starts.
- Cast-iron sleeves give longer engine life.
- Crankshaft has larger, super-finished bearing for strength and wear resistance.
Easy access to the no-tools oil-drain valve makes oil changes easier.
Rear engine guard protects the engine and provides additional strength and integrity.
The Z525E engine has extended life series (ELS ) features for enhanced performance and longer life.
Replaceable fuel filter and oil filter are easy to access and change to minimize service time and cost.
The 122-cm (48-in.) Accel Deep Mower Deck is a stamped-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and dispersion of clippings is provided, even at faster mowing speeds:
- 11.4-cm (4.5-in.) deep throughout the entire deck shell for optimum mowing and bagging performance
- Stamped-steel design eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up and diminish mowing performance
- Mower deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and level cut
- Adjustable mower wheels, positioned just above ground level, help smooth out the mowing job
EXCELLENT CUT QUALITY
Deep mower-deck stamping gives excellent cut quality. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck without getting recut:
- Reducing the amount of re-cutting enables more power to be used to cut incoming grass, which greatly improves mower capacity.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at faster mowing speeds
- Clean flow of material out of discharge area prevents cut material from interfering with cutting the incoming grass, making it possible for the blades to cut incoming material cleanly.
PRODUCTIVITY - GETTING THE JOB DONE FAST
Deep mower deck stamping gives high productivity, which gets the job done fast. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck quickly, reducing the amount of re-cutting so more power is available to process incoming grass:
- Greatly improves mowers capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance in difficult mowing conditions and at higher speeds
Large discharge opening is both high and wide to handle more material:
- Gives a smooth, even discharge of clippings at all mowing speeds
- Reduces the chance of plugging, especially important when operating in wet, thick, or dense grass and when bagging
- The 48A Power Flow™ blower has an inlet housing with more than 50 percent greater area than 48X Power Flow blower.
CLEANLINESS - FOR THE MOWER AND THE OPERATOR
The flat-top shape of the deck stamping is optimal for keeping itself and the operator clean:
- There are few places to catch and hold material on top and underneath the deck.
- Top of deck stays cleaner, reducing time and effort needed for cleaning and service
- Underside of deck is self-cleaning to maintain optimum performance without build-up of material to interfere with the flow of air and clippings
- Less need to clean and remove build-up of material from underside deck
- The depth of the Accel Deep mower deck minimizes the amount of material that escapes from the front of the deck
- Limited amount of material to drift onto the operator and mower deck
- Even for material discharged out the chute, less re-cutting results in larger pieces that are less likely to end up on the operator
Cleaning a mower deck, both top and bottom, is one of the most frequent maintenance activities:
- The flat-top design reduces places for material to build up and makes material that does collect easy to remove.
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy.
- A hose-end adapter for the appropriate water hose to be used can be purchased locally for connection to the wash port.
SUPERIOR DURABILITY IS DESIGNED IN
The 48A Mower Deck has strong spindle pockets to keep the blades aligned even after years of tough service:
- The 48A has a 23 percent heavier overall weight than the Edge™ Xtra 122-cm (48-in.) Mower Deck.
Ribs in the deck shell add strength where it is needed.
Mower wheels are double captured:
- Provides greater strength and durability for longer, trouble-free life.
- Single-bolt adjustment makes setting wheels to the correct height for the cutting height quick and easy.
Low-tension belt-drive design reduces the side load on engine lower bearings and mower deck bearings for longer life.
The 48A mower deck features a 16-mm (5/8-in.) diameter solid-steel rod side bumper that provides extra strength and protection.
Dual-stage E-coat and powder-paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
VERSATILITY - EASY TO CHANGE BETWEEN SIDE DISCHARGE AND BAGGING MODES
The 48A Mower is designed for maximum versatility, providing the greatest ease in changing from one mower discharge mode to another.
230 L (6.5 BU) POWER FLOW REAR BAGGER
Power Flow blower and chute are easy to install. The Power Flow blower swings out for easy cleanout and cleanup.
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and convenience in operating all controls:
- Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
- Controls are color coded for easy identification.
- Twin-lever motion-control levers adjust, using cut-height pin/socket, for convenience and operator comfort.
- Shock absorbers dampen control movements to give smooth operation.
Comfortable seats with two suspension springs and no-tools, fore-aft adjustment, that can be used by the operator while seated:
- Z525E – Medium-back, 38.1-cm (15-in.) seat with adjustable armrests; fore-aft adjustment of 7.6 cm (3 in.)
- Z535M – High-back, 45.7-cm (18-in.) seat with adjustable armrests; fore-aft adjustment of 7.6 cm (3 in.)
Two steel springs under the seat absorb shocks when traveling over rougher areas, to provide a smoother ride.
CUP HOLDER AND STORAGE COMPARTMENT
Cup holder and storage compartment add convenience for the operator.
FLIP-UP FOOT PLATFORM
The commercial-style steel footrest flips up to provide easy access for servicing the mower deck:
- Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
- Provides convenient access to the mower drive
The footrest area is hinged and easily raised for service to mower deck:
- It is necessary to remove just one bolt that can be conveniently removed with the lift-height pin
- Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
- Provides convenient access to the mower
The engines are easy to service, including changing the oil and the oil filter and servicing the air filter.
Accel Deep mower decks have several features that make them easy to service:
- Flat-top design minimizes places for debris to collect.
Spring-loaded, flip-up belt guards make removing debris easy.
All mower decks have provision for a standard, 9.5-mm (3/8-in.) ratchet wrench to be used for releasing belt tension when removing the drive belt.
The Power Flow blower used on 122-cm (48-in.) mower decks is mounted on a sturdy swing arm that allows easy installation and cleanout.
Tie-down locations are provided for convenience and safety when trailering the machine.
The motion-control levers can be adjusted to three different height settings and 15 different fore-aft settings:
- Increased operator comfort
The motion-control levers can be adjusted to three different height settings and fifteen different fore-aft settings:
- Increased operator comfort
- Adjustable for most precise control of the machine
- 18 positions available
- Adjustment of the control lever can be done with the cut-height pin
A standard shock absorber for the motion-control levers makes maneuvering ZTrak™ Mowers easy and comfortable:
- Shock absorber modulates the movement of control levers for smoother operation.
- Operator can smoothly and precisely control the machine.
Making the tracking adjustment from the operator seat is quick and easy. The cut-height pin doubles as a convenient tool for adjusting the motion-control levers:
- The socket included on the cut-height pin is available for the operator to use when making a tracking adjustment.
The operator control panel is conveniently located and easy to use.
The following instruments and controls are included:
- Ignition switch
- Power take-off (PTO) control
- Engine speed/choke control
- A choke position is built into the engine speed control (Z525E).
- A separate lever is provided for operating the choke (Z535M, Z540R).
The park brake is conveniently located:
- Large lever is easy to use.
- Park brake effectively holds the machine in the parked position.
- Park brake must be engaged (in the upper position) to start the engine.
- Once the engine is started, the park brake must be disengaged before operating the motion-control levers.
MOWER DECK LIFT/CUT-HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT
Mower deck cutting height adjusts from 25 mm to 102 mm (1 in. to 4 in.) in 6.35-mm (0.25-in.) increments for excellent cut quality and performance:
- Built-in memory allows the operator to easily return to the desired cutting height after raising the deck.
- A foot-lift pedal is standard on the Z540R and a field-installed option for the Z525E and Z535M. The foot pedal along with the hand-lift lever make raising the mower deck easier. The foot-lift pedal also provides a convenient way to temporarily raise the mower deck over an obstruction while mowing.
NOTE: An optional foot-lift kit is available for the Z525E and Z535M.
STEERING IS EASY WITH LARGE DIAMETER FRONT CASTER WHEELS
Motion-control levers are designed for comfortable and easy operation.
A shock absorber is included to dampen the movement of the control levers so any operator can make smooth, controlled turns.
Pneumatic caster wheels give a smoother ride and easier steering:
- Large diameter front caster wheels provide extra ride comfort and better steering control.
- Caster wheels have sealed bearings for long life and easy steering.
- Tyres are sized for the size and weight of the vehicle.
Caster wheel tire size
|Z345M, Z345R|| |
|Z525E, Z535M|| |
CONVENIENTLY LOCATED FUEL-SIGHT WINDOW ALLOWS OPERATOR TO SEE FUEL LEVEL
A convenient fuel-sight window is located where it is easy for the operator to see:
- Semi-clear material makes seeing how much fuel is in the tank quick and easy.
- Large, 7.6-cm (3-in.) fuel-fill opening reduces the chance of spilling when adding fuel.
- Fuel-fill opening is low and angled to make adding fuel easy.
- Cap is tethered to the fuel tank.
- Less chance of losing fuel cap
CONTROLS ARE DESIGNED TO PROMOTE SAFE OPERATION
- Park brake must be engaged for the engine to crank.
- Motion-control levers must be in the outward position for the engine to crank.
- Park brake must be disengaged before operating the motion-control levers or the engine will stall.
- Seat interlock switch disengages the mower when the operator leaves the seat.
- Engine will stall if the operator leaves the seat without the motion-control levers in the outward position and the park brake set.
ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits:
- Smoother ride
- Better slope performance
- More operator comfort over uneven ground
- Better traction
The operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use:
- Easy to get on and off the mower
- Ample legroom for comfortable operation
- Adjustable motion-control levers for height and position, enabling the operator to stay comfortable while using them
- Color-coded and logically-placed controls
STYLING IS BOTH FUNCTIONAL AND ATTRACTIVE
The styling of ZTrak Mowers is functional and attractive to appeal to residential owners who value product appearance and the easy, comfortable operation that comes with thoughtful control designs:
- Color-coded controls are not only attractive, but easy for the operator to find and use.
- Large foot platform, surrounded by frame rails, has a safe and inviting appearance and provides easy access for the operator.
- Contoured shape of the fenders provides improved visibility to the drive tyres, minimizes storage space required, and adds to the stylish appearance of the vehicle.
FRAME INCLUDES DURABLE 3.8- X 5.1-CM (1.5- X 2-IN.) STEEL TUBING
The ZTrak frame includes 3.8- x 5.1-cm (1.5- x 2-in.) steel tubing for long-term durability:
- Heavy-duty frame tubing provides a solid support.
- Reinforced frame offers additional strength, where needed.
- It is necessary to remove just one bolt that can be conveniently removed with the lift-height pin.
A heavy-duty electric PTO clutch is controlled by a convenient, dash-mounted control.
HEAVY-DUTY PTO CLUTCH
The PTO clutch is designed to operate through many on/off cycles.
Dual unitized transmissions efficiently power the ZTrak™ Mower forward and reverse and give steering capability:
- Transmissions are set low in the vehicle for excellent hillside stability.
- Tuff Torq® TZT7-D transmissions are reliable and durable.
- Beefed-up 2.5-cm (1-in.) axles for greater strength
- Maintenance-free, unitized transmissions are sealed and have no hose connections to leak hydraulic fluid.
- Four-bolt hubs provide a reliable and convenient wheel-mounting system.
Tow-valve controls are provided for each transmission and located on the transmissions near the expansion tanks:
- Easy to reach and use
- Allow the vehicle to be moved without the engine running
Tuff Torq is a trademark of Kanzaki Kokyukoki Mfg. Co., Ltd.